WHY USE A REALTOR?
Is it necessary to buy a house through a Realtor? Although you are not legally required to, why would you undertake such an important purchase without the help of an expert? The Realtor's expert knowledge of the neighbourhood, future development plans, taxes, zoning, transportation, schools and community services will help you select the property that meets your needs. Your Realtor will also advise you on financing options and recommend other professionals needed to complete the sale.
You will be dealing with sellers and their agents, so you want to make sure you have someone who will represent and promote your interests.
As a buyer, your Realtor will:
- Help you determine the type of property you need and can afford.
- Help you find available properties and make appointments to view them.
- Advise you about market conditions and provide information about the community.
- Explain the forms used in a real estate transaction and help you prepare an offer to purchase.
- Present your offer to the seller and negotiate on your behalf.
- Recommend other professionals, such as a certified home inspector or lawyer/notary.
How to Find a Realtor:
- Get referrals from your family or friends.
- Check For Sale signs in neighborhoods to get names of local agents.
- Go to open houses in areas where you want to live to meet some local Realtors.
- If you're relocating to a new area, ask an agent you trust to recommend an agent in that area.
- Check the Yellow Pages for a real estate office near you.
When choosing a Realtor, look for an agent who:
- Understands economic trends and the market.
- Knows the area where you want to buy.
- Listens attentively and instills confidence.
TOP 10 REASONS TO HIRE A REAL ESTATE ESTATE AGENT